- Julian Kuerti, Conductor
- Rhea Olivaccé, Guest Vocalist
Grab a blanket and join us under the stars for a night of symphonic music as the KSO returns to the Gilmore Car Museum to provide the soundtrack to your summer!
The KSO’s performance at the Gilmore Car Museum includes George Gershwin’s lively An American in Paris and soprano Rhea Olivaccé (faculty at Western Michigan University) performing Gershwin tunes like “I Got Rhythm.” Closing the program will be one of the most well-known works in orchestra repertoire, Antonín Dvořák’s luscious and dramatic Ninth Symphony, “From the New World.”
Tickets include access to the Gilmore Car Museum, which will stay open until 7 p.m. for concert-goers! Arrive early and complete your evening with a tour of the Museum's historic cars!
* In case of a rained-out performance, the new concert date will be Sunday, July 17 at 7 p.m.
* Please note that no outside food or beverage will be permitted at the performance.
- George Gershwin (1898-1937) An American in Paris
- George Gershwin (1898-1937) "Introduction and Summertime" from Porgy and Bess - Arranged by Robert Russell Bennett
- George Gershwin (1898-1937) "Embraceable You" from Girl Crazy - Arranged by Robert Russell Bennett
- George Gershwin (1898-1937) "Someone to Watch Over Me" from Oh, Kay! - Arranged by Hilding Anderson
- George Gershwin (1898-1937) "I Got Rhythm" from Girl Crazy - Arranged by Robert Russell Bennett
--- Intermission ---
- Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904) Symphony No. 9 in E minor, "From the New World"
This performance is a part of the Tyler Family Symphony in the Summer Series. The KSO's 2022 Summer Series is presented by Zhang Financial.
No, much like going to a Detroit Tigers game, you cannot get a refund simply because you can no longer make it. You are in charge of finding a person to purchase that ticket from you or giving it to someone else to use.
Tickets are non-refundable, but are transferable between persons.
Yes, food and/or beverages is available for purchase.
George & Sally's Blue Moon Diner in open daily.
Bringing outside food and/or beverages is prohibited.
Gilmore Car Museum relies on sales from food and beverage to stay in operation.
Smoking is prohibited inside any buildings. The designated smoking area is outside while at least 25 feet away from buildings.
Smoking marijuana is strictly prohibited on museum grounds.
Yes, we accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard.
No, please leave your pets at home.