The Cadillac & LaSalle Club was established in 1958 to encourage the preservation of early Cadillacs and LaSalles. Today, the club promotes the development, collection, publication and exchange of helpful information pertaining to Cadillac and LaSalle. More than 7,000 members around the world own, preserve, exhibit, drive and enjoy more than 18,000 collectible automobiles built by Cadillac.
The Museum was modeled after a modern 1940's Cadillac dealership design. It opened on the Gilmore Car Museum Campus at Hickory Corners, Michigan in September 2014.
The Research & Reading room is located in Dexter, Michigan, it contains the archives of the Cadillac story; owners manuals, advertising, service manuals, dealer brochures, and numerous other artifacts of the History of Cadillac and LaSalle automobiles.
Plans to establish the Classic Car Club of America’s Museum at the Gilmore Car Museum first germinated in 1984, with the original building being dedicated in June of 1987. A historic two-story barn dating from the 1890s, originally located only a few minutes from the museum, was disassembled, relocated and rebuilt on the Gilmore site, and today is known as the “Barrett Barn.” Initial funding for the building project was provided by the co-founder of the renowned Barrett-Jackson Auction of Scottsdale, Arizona, Thomas W. Barrett III.
The CCCA Museum displays several “Full Classic” automobiles and over 700 mascots, part of the Marvin Tamaroff Mascot Collection donated in 1996.
The H. H. Franklin Club, Inc. is a non-profit membership organization devoted to the preservation and exploration of the H. H. Franklin Manufacturing Company history and its effects on the history of the automobile.
The H.H. Franklin Manufacturing Company of Syracuse, NY built America's most successful air-cooled automobile, with its first innovative air-cooled motorcar in 1902 and continued production until 1934. Of the 150,000 Franklins built between 1902 and 1934, it's estimated that about 3,700 have survived.
The Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum is for You! America’s passionate love affair with the Lincoln automobile continues to inspire new generations. This is demonstrated in a variety of ways, including the formation of affinity clubs in which enthusiasts can share their interest in a particular brand or segment of the automotive market, past and present. The Lincoln automobile inspired the creation of four major affinity clubs, these motivated the creation of the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation, its Museum and its work of Sharing the Living Legacy of the Lincoln Motor Cars. The Grand Opening of the Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum took place August 9, 2014.
The Model A Ford Museum is truly a treat for our hobbyists. Whether you've been before or may be planning to go, each visit will present new vehicles and exhibits that will interest young and old alike. At any given time, the museum has about thirty Model A vehicles on display representing all production years, 1928 through 1931, and a variety of body styles from Tudors to Phaetons to Pickups to Firetrucks, etc. Annually we freshen the Museum with new exhibits and displays and create a theme for each year in which we focus on a specific usage of the Model A Ford during its production era. We also have five interactive displays that allow a visitor to learn about the Model A Ford through a "hands-on" experience.
The Museum of the Horseless Carriage's mission is to engage, advance, support, promote, and administer charitable and educational activities, causes, and projects with the object of preserving the history and artifacts pertaining to the Brass Era automobile (pre-1916) by operating a museum and providing education opportunities for the general public.
The period before 1916 saw an amazing transformation in independent transportation and technological advancements. This period is not emphasized enough in museums or illustrated adequately in school history courses. The world's history and culture were profoundly impacted by the early development of the horseless carriage and the pioneers who made it happen.
Locating the Museum of the Horseless Carriage at the Gilmore Car Museum creates the perfect partnership. Alignment of mission between our entities, central location in the United States, and the fact that the Gilmore is the largest auto museum in North America make it the perfect place.
The Museum of the Horseless Carriage is open at its temporary location in the Steam Barn on the Gilmore campus until the capital campaign is completed and the new stand alone museum building is completed. The new building is targeted to be opened in 2024.
About two dozen significant Pierce-Arrow vehicles including cars, bicycles, motorcycles and travel trailers covering the full range of production years from 1903 to 1938, are always on display. Most have been restored to original condition and show Pierce-Arrow Motor Car Company products at their very best. From time to time there are vehicles exhibited in unrestored condition, showing how well Pierce products have held up over three quarters of a century since production ceased.
A majority of the vehicles are permanent. Others are on loan from owners and rotated to provide variety to the presentation each year. Some rotation occurs during the year due to activities or use in the other displays at the Gilmore Car Museum campus.
In 1999, the Pierce-Arrow Foundation was established for the purpose of creating a museum dedicated solely to the preservation of the history and products of the Pierce-Arrow Motor Car Company. The basic annual Pierce-Arrow Museum Membership of $40 includes admission to the entire Gilmore Car Museum complex for member and spouse. All membership fees and donations are fully tax deductible.