Ride in a 1930 Ford Model AA School Bus at Back To School Celebration on Thursday, August 26th
Enjoy The Final Days Of Summer Vacation With Your Children or Grandchildren
(Hickory Corners, Mich. / August 19, 2021) - To help children get excited about the start of the fall schoolyear, the Gilmore Car Museum’s Back To School Celebration will provide FREE RIDES for museum guests in a vintage Ford Model A school bus, interactive experiences for kids, and a memorable day for the entire family.
The event day will run from 11:00am – 3:00 pm ET on Thursday, August 26th, and includes opportunities for guests to:
- Enjoy FREE rides for children and museum guests in a yellow 1930 Ford Model AA School Bus!
- Have each attending child bring home a Gilmore Car Museum pencil, to help equip them for the start of school
- Build, customize, and race your own miniature car in our new interactive exhibit
- Race slot cars on the Red Barns Raceway
- Drive children’s pedal cars
- Tour the Ford Model T garage
- Learn about classic cars and artifacts in the museum collection
“The Gilmore Car Museum’s Back To School Celebration is intended to help jumpstart kids’ excitement about returning to the classroom,” said Josh Russell, Executive Director of the Gilmore Car Museum. “While at the museum, children will experience history firsthand, and perhaps feel what a bus ride to school may have been like for their great-great grandparents.”
Admission to Museum for Back to School Celebration Daily admission includes access to all museum indoor buildings and galleries, as well all activities taking place on the grounds for the Back to School Celebration. As always, children age 10 and under are FREE at Gilmore Car Museum:
- Adults / Seniors: $16
- Youth (ages 11-17): $11
- Children (10 and under): FREE
- Active Military (must present ID): FREE
- Consecutive two-day passes: $28
- Free parking
For questions or more information call (269) 671-5089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Gilmore Car Museum
The world-renowned Gilmore Car Museum – North America’s largest auto museum with more than 400 vehicles on display -- is located midway between Chicago and Detroit, just 20 minutes north of Kalamazoo, or 45 minutes south of Grand Rapids. The museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to tell the history of America through the automobile.