Family Day, Dollar Hot Dogs, and Congress of Motorcars at Gilmore on Saturday, June 26th
Experience Automotive History With Your Children or Grandchildren!
(Hickory Corners, Mich. / June 7, 2021) - It’s time to inspire the next generation of car enthusiasts with an afternoon of family fun at Gilmore Car Museum’s Family Day and Congress of Motorcars, both featuring historic vehicles produced in 1942 and earlier. From dollar ho dogs, to FREE RIDES in antique cars, to interactive exhibits and games, the event promises unforgettable experiences that will delight the entire family.
The event day will run from 9:00am – 4:00 pm ET on Saturday, June 26th, and includes opportunities for guests to:
• Dine on $1 Hot Dogs, a Family Day Special, at our 1941 roadside diner! (limit two per guest; plain hot dogs with ketchup/mustard only; specialty dogs extra charge)
• Enjoy FREE rides for children and museum guests in antique cars
• See early gas, steam and electric autos driving around the historic campus
• Race slot cars on the Red Barns Raceway
• Build, customize, and race your own miniature car in our new interactive exhibit
• Drive children’s pedal cars
• Play vintage carnival games
• Win a prize by completing the Gilmore Car Museum scavenger hunt
• Tour the Ford Model T garage
• Experience the Gilmore 1- and 2-cylinder motor challenge
• Hear era-appropriate live music, and see car owners in period dress
• See the Pass In Review parade at 1:00pm
“Holding the Gilmore’s Family Day and Congress of Motorcars together on the same Saturday in June helps us bring automotive history to life for children,” said Josh Russell, Executive Director of the Gilmore Car Museum. “Families should consider joining us for this fun, educational, and memorable day, as we celebrate the first 50 years of the automobile, and share the stories of generations of automotive pioneers and enthusiasts.”
Admission to Museum for Family Day and Congress of Motorcars
Daily admission includes access to all museum indoor buildings and galleries, as well all activities taking place on the grounds for the Congress of Motorcars show. As always, children age 10 and under are FREE at Gilmore Car Museum:
• Adults / Seniors: $16
• Youth (ages 11-17): $11
• Children (10 and under): FREE
• Active Military (must present ID): FREE
• Consecutive two-day passes: $28
• Free parking
Owners of Classic 1942 & Earlier Vehicles Can Pre-Register and Show Their Cars for FREE!
It’s our way of thanking owners for sharing their historic vehicles with the community, to help educate and inspire our next generation of car lovers.
Congress of Motorcars features vehicles produced in 1942 and earlier, just like museum founder Donald Gilmore was known for collecting. Only original, stock-appearing vehicles are eligible to participate. No modified or hot rod style vehicles, please. The show will include early gas, steam and electric autos driving around the historic campus. Owners can Pre-Register their vehicles online HERE.
Exciting June Events at Gilmore Car Museum
In addition to Family Day and Congress of Motorcars, several more exciting events are scheduled at the Gilmore Car Museum throughout June, including:
• Vintage Motorcycle Weekend on June 12-13, for pre-1996 motorcycles and scooters
• All Air-Cooled Gathering, Micro/Mini Car World Meet, and Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra Featuring Branford Marsalis on June 19
• Van Halen 2 tribute band concert on June 25
• Oldsmobiles & Orphans car show on June 27
For questions or more information, visit www.GilmoreCarMuseum.org, call (269) 671-5089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Gilmore Car Museum
The world-renowned Gilmore Car Museum – North America’s largest auto museum with more than 400 vehicles on display -- is located midway between Chicago and Detroit, just 20 minutes north of Kalamazoo, or 45 minutes south of Grand Rapids. The museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, whose mission is to tell the history of America through the automobile.