Congress of Motorcars
The Congress of Motorcars Car Show features vehicles produced in 1942 and earlier, just like the cars museum founder, Donald Gilmore, was known for collecting. Only original stock vehicles will be eligible to participate. No modified or hot rod style vehicles please. The show weekend will include:
Friday, June 25th - Driving Tour
- The driving tour will stage in the inner campus of Gilmore Car Museum at 9:00am.
- Enter with your car at the Model A gate and park near the diner.
- In the staging area you will receive your route instructions.
- The total route mileage will be around 75 miles.
- There is plenty of trailer parking on the east end of the museum property.
- Follow-up questions can be directed to Jay Follis
Saturday, June 26th - Show Day
On Saturday, June 26th see early gas, steam and electric autos, take a ride in an antique car, and discover autos normally only seen on static display actually driving around the historic campus! An award ceremony will be held at 3:00pm and will honor the Oldest Vehicle, Best Vintage Attire (best period attire worn by a vehicle's owner), plus two very special awards - a Preservation Award for the best unrestored original car, Best of Show and Gilmore Award.
Activities will also take place throughout the day, such as demos including very early cars, a whimsical Gilmore 1 - 2 cylinder motor challenge and a pass in review parade.
Please note museum memberships provide for free spectator admission, but not free participant or vendor admission.
- Includes participation in Friday's driving tour as well as admission for 2 people (driver + guest) with vehicle for Saturday show
- Participant gate opens at 9:00am
- Pre-registration online recommended
- Includes admission to the museum as well as the show
- Adults / Seniors: $16
- Youth (ages 11-17): $11
- Children (10 and under): FREE
- Active Military (must present ID): FREE
- Consecutive two-day passes: $28
- Free parking
- $20 per space
- Space size is approximately 20' x 20'
- Includes admission for 2 people (vendor + guest)
- Space assignments are on a first come, first serve basis
- Vendor gate opens at 9:00am
- Please call (269) 671-5089 to reserve your spot or register online
Dogs are allowed at outside events. They must be leashed at all times and cleaned up after. The only animals allowed inside any museum buildings are service animals and they must be working and in uniform.
Yes, tickets may be purchased at the door. We accept cash as well as credit card.
Smoking is prohibited inside any buildings. The designated smoking area is outside at least 25 feet away from buildings.
Yes, food is available. George & Sally's Blue Moon Diner is open daily during the summers. The diner serves delicious diner fare such as hot dogs, salads, soup, frozen custard, and more!
Bringing your own food is discouraged. Gilmore Car Museum relies on sales from food and beverage to stay in operation.
By order of Michigan’s governor, all museum visitors age 5 and over are required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces, and in outside venues at any posted “mask required” areas or any time social distancing of 6’ cannot be maintained at any area of the museum.