And the winner is ..... TICKET #1119 - JACK GESMUNDO!
Jack is the lucky winner of the 2014 Corvette 1LT from the Gilmore Car Museum! Thank you to everyone who supported the Museum and purchased a raffle ticket, all 1500 tickets were sold!
GENEVIEVE AND DONALD GILMORE FOUNDATION D/B/A GILMORE CAR MUSEUM
Effective: April 25, 2014
Drawing: September 28, 2014
These House Rules, govern the raffle by the Genevieve and Donald Gilmore Foundation d/b/a Gilmore Car Museum (the "Museum") to be held on September 28, 2014 in which the prize is a Chevrolet Corvette or a $40,000.00 cash prize. By buying a raffle ticket, each ticket buyer agrees to the following:
1. Each ticket costs $100. A maximum total of 1,500 tickets will be sold.
Each ticket buyer must be 18 years of age or older. The winner may have to show proof of age to claim the prize.
The net proceeds from the sale of tickets, after paying expenses, will benefit Museum.
2. The Prize is a new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT Coupe (the "Corvette").
The winner has the option of receiving a Forty Thousand Dollar ($40,000.00) cash prize in place of the Corvette. The winner may choose between receiving the Corvette or the cash prize, subject to the rules stated below for claiming the Corvette as the prize.
The color, trim package and other options for the Corvette will be determined by the Museum. The Corvette awarded as the prize may not match the color or trim of the Corvette shown on the raffle ticket.
The Corvette will have been previously titled, but its mileage will not be at zero due to test drives and driving the car to places, prior to the drawing, where it can be displayed to promote the sale of raffle tickets.
Non-US residents may not be able to title the Corvette in the US.
If 550 raffle tickets are not sold, the drawing will revert to a 50/50 raffle with the minimum prize of Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000.00) being awarded to the winner.
3. Tickets are numbered sequentially, but the ticket sellers will have different groups of tickets, containing different ticket numbers. The Museum cannot promise that it will be able to sell a buyer a ticket with a specific ticket number.
4. Due to State of Michigan restrictions, raffle tickets cannot be sold or purchased through the internet.
Due to postal regulations, raffle tickets and stubs and the payment for raffle tickets cannot be sent by US mail.
5. The raffle drawing will be held at the Gilmore Car Museum, Heritage Center, 6865 Hickory Road, Hickory Corners, Michigan at 4:30 pm on September 28, 2014.
If inclement weather should occur, the raffle will be canceled and will take place the following Sunday at 4:30 pm. Contact the Museum if you have questions about a cancelation.
6. The winner will be determined by the first ticket stub drawn from the drum. The winner does not have to be present to win.
7. If the winner is not present at the drawing, the Museum will attempt to contact him or her by using the information provided on the ticket stub. If the winner cannot be located by the Museum within sixty (60) days following the drawing, then the Museum will hold a new drawing as described in section 9 below.
8. There shall be no refunds, except as specifically stated herein.
9. In order to claim the Corvette or the cash as the prize, the winner agrees to do the following within sixty (60) days following the drawing : (a) if the Corvette is chosen as the prize, pay to the Museum in certified funds an amount equal to the income tax withholding the Museum must collect and pay to the IRS and State of Michigan on the value of the Corvette, which is $55,000.00; if the $40,00.000 cash prize is chosen or awarded, the taxes will be deducted and withheld by the Museum from the $40,000.00 prize and the winner will be paid the remaining amount; (b) provide the Museum with his or her name, address and social security number and supporting materials, like driver's license and social security card, to verify that this information is correct. One piece of identification must contain a photo to prove that the person claiming the prize is the person who is named on the winning ticket; (c) sign the form W2-G (or Form 1042 if the winner is a nonresident alien) and any other forms which the Museum determines are needed to be signed in order to record the winning and to report this and pay the taxes to the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Michigan. The amount of income tax withholding on the prizes is: 25% federal income tax (non-US residents pay 30%) and 4.25% State of Michigan. If within sixty (60) days from the date of the drawing (the "Prize Claiming Date") the above-requirements are not met to the Museum's satisfaction for the winner to claim the Corvette as the prize or if the winner cannot be located, then: (a) if the winner is located, he/she will be awarded the cash prize and will forfeit all rights to the Corvette; and (b) if the winner is not located: (i) the winner will no longer be the winner and will forfeit all rights to claim the Corvette or cash as a prize and will have no right to any other prize or to receive any compensation or damages from the Museum as a result of such forfeiture; and (ii) a new drawing will be held within fourteen (14) days following the Prize Claiming Date to determine a new winner, with this drawing being made from the tickets used in the original drawing for the Corvette. Any new winner will be subject to these same restrictions. No refunds will be made if a new drawing is held.
10. The Museum will file a form W2-G or Form 1042 with the IRS and State of Michigan to report the value of the prize and to transmit the withholding taxes paid by the winner.
If the winner is a nonresident alien, the Museum will file Form 1042 with the IRS, instead of Form W2-G. All non-US residents will be required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the Corvette or cash prize, unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty as a condition to claiming the Corvette as a prize. The other requirements of Section 9 will apply.
11. In addition to paying income tax withholding, as described above, the winner will be solely responsible for all taxes, fees and expenses to claim, title, register and use the Corvette, including sales and use tax, registration fees, title fees, transfer fees, license fees, and insurance. The Museum has no liability for paying any taxes, fees and expenses relating to the Corvette.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph and video likeness and statements for publicity purposes by the Museum and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
13. Full-time Museum employees, and Museum Board members may purchase raffle tickets as gifts for, but they are prohibited from winning and claiming any prize offered in the raffle.
14. THIS RAFFLE IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL,FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.